Please be sure to give the USB cord a good push on the box. You should hear a click when it's secured. Below are a few more tips!
- Place your bracelet in the box with the LED diamond facing up.
- If the diamond flashes pink, give your gemstone a gentle nudge to the left or right until you see the diamond flash red. A pulsing red light means it's charging.
- Closing the lid securely is another great way to make sure the bracelet will charge properly. When the box is closed, the lid keeps the bracelet in the correct charging position.
- On the underside of your bracelet where it sits on the charger, there are two "charge pins." Please wipe this area with a soft cloth (and rubbing alcohol if you have it, but not required) to make sure it's clear of lotion or natural skin oils.
- Remember: You can always check your Ringly app to see your bracelet's battery level and charging status.
If it still isn't charging properly, please try a different USB cable and power source, and removing the charging stand from the box:
- The charger is actually the plastic stand inside the box. Unplug and carefully remove the stand.
- Using a flat surface, place the charging stand back in and make sure it's level with the bottom of the box.
- Plug it back in and see if that helps.
If you're still having trouble, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, let us know that you've tried all of the tips from this article, and we can get this sorted for you.