Please ensure your Ringly is in the charger or connected to a charger, and is properly charging.
- If your Ringly is charging, it will either show a green light when placed in the charger, or flash a red light every 5 seconds.
Open your Ringly app to the CONNECT screen. If you have more than one Ringly, swipe to find the one you’d like to wear, and tap “SELECT”.
If you only have one Ringly, does it say "Not Connected" under the image of your jewelry? If so, hit "RE-CONNECT", and you should be good to go!
If you're still having trouble, and the Ringly is not connected in Bluetooth Settings, please follow these steps to disconnect your Ringly in Bluetooth and try to connect again:
- Go to your iPhone Settings > Bluetooth
- Ensure the Ringly reads "Not Connected" with the information icon.
- Tap on the information icon and hit “Forget This Device”
- Return to the app and remove your Ringly by holding down the image and tapping "Remove."
Once you've disconnected your Ringly and removed it from the app, force close the Ringly App by double tapping the home button and swiping up on the Ringly App, then reopening it and trying again.
If you're still having issues, please follow these troubleshooting steps.